The Classic Style of Bainbridge White Oak
Both white and red oak have been popular flooring staples in America since our colonial days. While both types of solid hardwood are prized for their beauty and durability, the two have their differences. Surprisingly, white oak is darker than its red cousin, and it also has a smoother grain. This greater consistency makes it ideal for contemporary or modern decorating styles that call for a less-busy grain pattern. White oak works well in living rooms, offices, bedrooms, hallways, and other areas of your home that won’t be subjected to excess moisture.
Mill-Direct Pricing From Patriot Plank
Patriot Plank is a District Floor Depot-only brand of solid hardwood flooring. Through a collaborative network of US lumber mills across the nation, we’re able to bring you superior, natural products at mill-direct pricing. Patriot Plank goes the extra mile by using responsible sourcing practices that don’t deplete America’s valuable forests. By replenishing what is taken, our woodlands are continually being replaced and renewed.
Benefits of White Oak Solid Hardwood Floors Include:
- In addition to blending in with contemporary settings, white oak solid hardwood is so adaptable it even looks well in rustic decor styles. This versatility makes it a sensible option if you think you might drastically change the style of your home later.
- Bainbridge White Oak is available as solid hardwood or engineered hardwood flooring. While they each possess their pros and cons, one glowing benefit of white oak is that it performs well across the entire gamut of staining, from white-washed to gray tones to dark.
- A hardy wood, oak hides scratches well. It’s slightly harder than red oak and has a tighter grain. Both varieties are also stable in homes with varying temperatures, which means this wood isn’t likely to contract or expand much.
- An abundantly available species, white oak solid hardwood is affordable.
- While Bainbridge White Oak has a more uniform grain pattern than red, because it’s a natural product, each plank will be unique. The charm of this amber-hued, traditional wood is unmatched by vinyl or laminate.
- Due to the grain patterns mentioned above, the installation of oak flooring is more straightforward than for many other types, such as pine or hickory. It’s easier to pair up planks in aesthetic combinations.
- Even without staining, solid oak hardwood is available in a variety of colors, including light beige, amber, and various browns and reds. Therefore, you have the option to simply leave the wood natural, allowing it to become a more vibrant, golden color over time.
Bainbridge White Oak Installation Options
Our professional floor installers are standing by to help you at our locations in Herndon, VA, and Washington, DC. We’ve renovated hundreds of homes and are dedicated to bringing our passion and everyday low prices to our customers. When you’re ready to own the exceptional beauty of Bainbridge White Oak flooring, give us a call. You can visit us in our showroom at 1600 Rhode Island Avenue, or we’ll come to you with samples!