The Traditional Beauty of Warm, Durable Red Oak
If you’re seeking a wood floor with more color than white oak, red oak occurs in tones that range from light golden or soft brown to red. Its darker grain color and prominent rings add an inviting and cozy appeal to any room. In this natural hardwood, the warm, reddish hue darkens over time. However, this wood refinishes well if you ever decide to lighten the color. As one of the harder woods, red oak holds up admirably in high traffic areas. In addition to its durability and stunning colors, a reason many homeowners prefer red oak over white is its “wilder” and more diverse grain patterns.
The Patriot Plank Difference
Our Natural Red Oak Solid is a Patriot Plank product, a line of solid hardwood available only from District Floor Depot. By partnering with US lumber mills, we’re able to bring a wide range of American woods and styles to our customers. All lumber used in the production of Patriot Plank flooring is responsibly sourced. By purchasing our raw materials from suppliers who sustainably manage forests, we conserve natural resources and help America’s woodlands.
Explore the Benefits of Solid Hardwood
- The classic beauty of solid hardwood adds value to your home. The natural allure of these floors will never go out of style.
- Red oak hardwood is exceptionally versatile when it comes to decor themes. No matter how often you change wall art, furniture, or decorative accents, the elegance of solid hardwood floors keeps up with trends.
- Because solid hardwood is a product of nature, each board is unique, having distinct features and characteristics. Wood doesn’t have the repeating patterns that occur with vinyl or laminate.
- Solid hardwood is strong and robust. When properly maintained, hardwood floors can last 25 years or more — sometimes a lifetime. It’s not uncommon for oak flooring to last 100 years.
- When you’re ready for a decor change, you can refinish solid hardwood floors.
Reasons to Install Solid Hardwood Flooring Include:
- Although not as temperature and water-resistant as engineered hardwood, solid hardwood works well in many areas such as living rooms, kitchens, bedrooms, dens, and offices.
- With a quality protective coating and good sealant, hardwood floors remain durable even in homes with children and pets.
- Natural hardwood is easy to care for, requiring only sweeping and cleaning with a damp mop, or spot cleaning with gentle cleaning products.
- Unlike carpeting, solid hardwood floors don’t trap and harbor allergens like dust and dander.
- Solid hardwood flooring brings an authentic feel to a home’s construction and style that manufactured planks simply cannot match. There’s nothing like the charm and character of real hardwood floors to make a house a home!
- Solid hardwood looks sharp in all finishes, from matte to glossy.
Natural Red Oak Solid Installation Options
The associates at District Floor Depot are ready to serve you across the Herndon, Virginia, and Washington, DC areas. As members of the Natural Wood Flooring Association, we stand behind the beauty and quality of every floor installed. We’ll give you all the information upfront so you can make informed decisions regarding design, finishes, and installation options for your Natural Red Oak Solid floor. Reach out and let us know your flooring needs.