Shop All Solid Hardwood
A classic flooring material, solid hardwood has continued to remain popular over the years due to its ability to seamlessly blend form and function. This flooring, like its name suggests, is milled from one single, solid piece of wood. The finished result is a floor that is extremely sturdy from top to bottom.
Because solid hardwood comes in a range of color and width options, you can easily find a flooring solution that complements your home’s architecture and décor. Whether you install this flooring in your dining room, living room or master bedroom, you can be confident that you’ll be incorporating a timeless design element that you’ll be able to enjoy for many years to come.
Solid Hardwood Flooring Options
Solid hardwood flooring offers homeowners the ability to achieve any look by blending the following characteristics:
- Wood types: Solid wood planks come in both exotic and domestic species, such as classic oak solid hardwood flooring. Maple, hickory and cherry are also domestic flooring favorites, while exotic species include Brazilian cherry, cypress and mahogany.
- Colors: Depending on the wood type and whether the hardwood floor is finished or prefinished, these floors can range from very light to extremely dark in color. Keep in mind that some species will develop richer tones after being exposed to sunlight.
- Textures: Solid hardwood floors come in a wide range of textures. Whether you prefer smooth, distressed, or hand-scraped, you’ll be able to achieve everything from sleek to rustic looks.
- Grain patterns: Grain patterns vary depending on the wood species and the way the logs are cut. The three cutting variations produce quarter-sawn, plain-sawn, and rift-sawn lumber, with each producing unique patterns in the wood.
- Plank widths: Thin planks offer a more traditional feel, while wide planks add a luxurious touch to any space.
Benefits of Solid Hardwood Flooring
Whether you opt for an elegant Brazilian cherry design or like the rustic look of distressed solid hickory, your new hardwood flooring will provide you with several benefits. Along with their high return on investment (ROI), solid hardwood flooring planks are also:
- Strong and durable.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- Long-lasting when cared for correctly.
- Easy to sand and refinish.
Why Partner With District Floor Depot on Your Next Flooring Project?
District Floor Depot is your one-stop-shop for all your solid hardwood flooring needs. We’re a full-service flooring retailer, so you can count on our team for a wide range of flooring choices as well as professional installation and refinishing services.
When you partner with us, you’ll also get to take advantage of our one-year craftsmanship warranty on all our installs. Most of the materials we sell also come with an additional 15-year manufacturer warranty.
Schedule Your In-Home Estimate Today
If you are ready to get started on your solid hardwood floor project, we can provide you with an in-home consultation so you can discuss your ideas and options. After we take an assessment of the install area and take detailed measurements of your flooring, you’ll receive a transparent, itemized proposal so you’ll know how much your materials and installation will cost. To get started, schedule your in-home estimate today.