Shop All Engineered Hardwood
Engineered hardwood flooring offers the beauty of traditional hardwood flooring without the sizable investment. Unlike solid hardwood flooring, which comes from a single plank of wood, engineered hardwood is made up of multiple layers.
The top layer is usually a quality hardwood like pine or Brazilian walnut. Beneath that, multiple layers of plywood or wood veneers are added for strength and support. This core, which can include just one wood species or several different types, prevents the flooring from expanding and contracting whenever it experiences temperature or humidity changes. This layering process makes engineered hardwood flooring ideal for spaces like below-ground basements or bathrooms that don’t allow the installation of typical flooring styles.
Engineered Hardwood Flooring Options
Just like with traditional flooring, you’ll have many engineered hardwood flooring options to choose from to complement your home’s architecture and your personal style:
- Wood types: From oak engineered hardwood flooring to options like ash, hickory, and pine, there are many selections that include top layers from popular domestic species. Planks featuring exotic species include Brazilian walnut, Brazilian cherry, Brazilian Ash and Tigerwood.
- Grains: Engineered Hardwood same as Solid Hardwood can have different grain patterns due to the type of wood species or the method used to cut the logs.
- Widths: Engineered hardwood planks are available in widths ranging from most common from 3, 5 inches to 7,9 inches and even 11+ inches
- Surface effects: Whether you want a sleek or rustic floor, surface textures such as smooth, hand-scraped, or distressed can tie your look together.
- Edges: Engineered hardwood flooring can have either a square, eased, or beveled edge to create different effects in your space.
Benefits of Engineered Hardwood Flooring
Along with looking nearly identical to solid hardwood, engineered hardwood flooring offers several additional benefits. This material is:
- Quick and easy to install.
- Resistant to moisture and humidity.
- Stable, with high dimensional strength.
- Able to be sanded down and refinished.
Take advantage of our manufacturer warranty covering as high as lifetime on most of our materials, as well as our one-year craftsmanship warranty on installation services.
Why Partner With District Floor Depot on Your Next Flooring Project?
Here at District Floor Depot, we are proud to be your one-stop-shop for everything from striking Tigerwood planks to the charm of hickory engineered hardwood flooring with a warm, rustic finish. Whether you visit our showroom or request that one of our team members stop by your home with flooring samples, we’ll help you find the best flooring solution that matches your personal style and budget.
As a full-service flooring retailer, we can also provide you with professional installation and refinishing services. Both our materials and installs come with warranties to give you the confidence you deserve. Take advantage of our 15-year manufacturer warranty on most of our materials, as well as our one-year craftsmanship warranty on installation services.
Request Your In-Home Consultation Today
If you are ready to get started on your engineered hardwood floor project, we can provide you with an in-home consultation so you can discuss your ideas and options. After we take an assessment of the install area and take detailed measurements of your flooring, you’ll receive a transparent, itemized proposal so you’ll know how much your materials and installation will cost.
To schedule your consultation, just fill out our online contact form.