Choosing new flooring can be overwhelming because the options are endless. Hardwood flooring exudes a classic and timeless appeal while adding value to any space, and oak floors are a great option when looking for a wood floor that will last decades with ease.
Oak flooring comes in red and white varietals that span the spectrum of colors to suit everyone’s taste. Red Oak varietals are slightly lighter in hue than their white oak relatives and have a warmer, pinkish tint. Red Oak Select & Better Unfinished is a light shade of Red Oak that will lighten and brighten any space for decades to come.
Red Oak Select & Better Unfinished is a beautiful and timeless light hue that will open your home in a warm and inviting manner. This wood flooring comes in two widths, 2 1/4″ inch and 3 1/4″. There are several things to consider when deciding between wide and narrow width flooring. Below we will list the benefits of both.
- Wider widths are best for larger areas to give an airy, modern atmosphere.
- If you love unique grain patterns of wood floorings, wide width is the best choice. Red Oak is known for having broad, significant grain patterns, The wider plank will showcase this more.
- Narrow plank is better in humid climates because it is less likely to expand and warp.
- Thinner planks are also best for small rooms because they make the room feel larger.
- For a modern, sleek ambiance, a narrow plank is best.
Both wide and narrow planks are an excellent choice. Being able to create a different aesthetics with different plank sizes is only one of the benefits of this beautiful oak flooring.
The benefits of Red Oak floors are endless. There is a reason this wood is the most popular choice for hardwoods in the United States.
- If you seek durability, Red Oak flooring is the way to go. It has a Janka rating of 1290, which means it is excellent for high traffic areas as well as family homes. This floor can withstand animals, kids, and even furniture with minimal dents and dings.
- Red Oak is easy to stain thanks to the wood’s hardness. Oak is excellent for people who would like to stain their floor to any shade possible, and this particular Red Oak by Select & Better comes unfinished, so there are no limitations to the finish you can choose. The stain is guaranteed to go on smoothly and evenly.
- The durability and traditional chicness of Red Oak will add value to any home. Even if new homeowners do not like the stain of the Red Oak, the strength allows for multiple refinishes, making this a versatile flooring that can last centuries.
- Red Oaks are also a fast-growing tree that is replanted regularly. Combining that with the longevity of the flooring produced, makes Red Oak hardwood floors an environmentally friendly option.
Choosing the best flooring for your home is a significant investment. Our team of experts is ready to answer all of your questions and concerns. We are here from flooring selection through professional installation. Our team of professional installers is adept at protecting your investment, so the flooring withstands the test of time. Expertly installed floors also give you the promise of the most aesthetically pleasing room as boards as every aspect of the process is taken into consideration from grain pattern to proper fit. Please come by our showroom or contact us today with any questions or inquiries.