If you love the durability and charm of white oak but prefer a floor with a splash of warm color, then Spice Oak is an excellent choice. “Spice Oak” refers to the golden stain applied to white oak hardwood. This high-quality, classic wood is known for adding character wherever it’s placed. The bright, honey-colored planks flawlessly complement a variety of decorating schemes, including Contemporary, Industrial, Mid-Century Modern, Transitional (a combination of Traditional and Modern), French Country, and Coastal. Because white oak has a more conservative grain pattern than red, it pairs well across a diverse range of styles and tastes. Best of all, white oak hardwood is a sturdy and durable building material. It’s the wood type that regulates the industry standard for hardness as measured by the Janka scale — so don’t be surprised if you find the original oak floors still adorning some of America’s historic homes!
Why Choose Patriot Plank Flooring?
Our Spice Oak solid hardwood flooring is carefully crafted by Patriot Plank, a District Floor Depot exclusive brand. Patriot Plank sustainably sources natural hardwoods from America’s forests. By responsibly utilizing the abundant tree species available across the United States, we’re able to provide you with a variety of grains, hues, and textures without harming the environment. There’s an American hardwood perfect for every home. When you choose Patriot Plank flooring, you’re helping to preserve our country’s woodlands without compromising on aesthetics and endurance.
Explore the Benefits of Solid Hardwood
- Solid hardwood floors are durable and long-lasting. They’re suitable for any room that isn’t prone to excessive humidity, such as living rooms, hallways, great rooms, bedrooms, and offices. Oak flooring lasts at least 25 years, but it isn’t uncommon to last for a homeowner’s lifetime.
- Natural hardwood is a great option when it comes to easy cleaning and maintenance. Simply sweep or vacuum and spot-clean when the floor requires it. If mopping is necessary, use an appropriate floor cleaner with a mop that’s rung out until barely damp.
- Solid hardwood like Spice Oak adds value to your home. Nothing says elegance like real hardwood floors, and they’re a far more hypoallergenic choice than carpeting.
- Spice Oak flooring brings a golden warmth without clashing with decorating styles. You can change your decor scheme again and again without needing to replace your hardwood floors.
- If later you do decide to change your home’s interior drastically, you can always refinish your solid hardwood flooring in a completely different color, such as changing Spice Oak to Ebony. It can be sanded and restained up to ten times. Natural wood also looks sharp across the full spectrum of finishes, from matte to glossy.
- Whereas the color of carpet fades over time, oak flooring is the opposite — its golden color will deepen and become richer over time.
- Applying a quality sealant and appropriate protective coating will ensure that your Spice Oak floors hold up brilliantly even in a home with pets and children.
Spice Oak Installation Options
When you’re ready to explore installation options for Spice Oak solid hardwood flooring, District Floor Depot is happy to assist. Our flooring experts in Herndon, Virginia, and Washington, DC, will explain the process and help you decide on the best flooring material to fit your lifestyle, the various rooms of your home, and your unique decor and taste. Contact us today, and we’ll bring the ideal balance of strength and beauty to your renovation project!