The Traditional Beauty of Sierra Oak
Our Sierra Oak solid hardwood flooring is skillfully crafted from the wood of the Sierra red oak tree. With darker brown that is less rosy in tone, it radiates a cozy, traditional, and almost Early American feel. This is a fantastic choice if you’d prefer something that’s on the darker spectrum but is more versatile than ebony. A Sierra Oak floor is ideal in a space with light-colored walls, pale furniture, and fluffy white rugs. Paired correctly with furnishings, it gives rooms balance and contrast, without being overbearingly dark or heavy. Natural Sierra Oak is highly durable and works well in living rooms, hallways, and other areas with a lot of foot traffic.
Patriot Plank: American Excellence
A District Floor Depot exclusive product, Sierra Oak flooring is manufactured by Patriot Plank. Patriot Plank has teamed up with lumber mills in the United States, responsibly sourcing woods from America’s forests. Not only does this help conserve our natural resources, but it allows us to bring these superior flooring products to our customers while supporting high-quality US businesses.
Why Homeowners Love Solid Hardwood
- As a natural product, no two solid hardwood planks are alike. You won’t find the same grain patterns repeated as in laminate or vinyl.
- Solid hardwood lends classic elegance to a home. It complements many design schemes and will always remain up to date.
- Nothing stands the test of time like solid oak flooring. If you maintain it properly, a hardwood floor can last anywhere from 25 years to a lifetime — even 100 years.
- Unlike vinyl, solid hardwood can be refinished. So you always have options if you want to change the entire design of a room (or rooms).
Benefits of Installing Solid Hardwood Flooring:
- Solid hardwood requires only minimal maintenance, and cleaning is easy. Simply sweeping and giving it an occasional spot cleaning should be enough to keep your floors looking pristine and polished.
- All finishes work well on solid hardwood, whether you’d like a toned-down matte or an eye-catching gloss.
- Solid hardwood floors are great for people with allergies or homes that have pets since they can’t trap allergens the way carpet can.
- If adequately prepared with a suitable sealant and a quality protective coating, solid hardwood floors can stand up to wear and tear in houses with children and pets.
- Natural hardwood floors are unparalleled by any other flooring product in their authenticity and beauty. They add value to a home and are always in style, no matter the latest trend.
- Solid hardwood flooring is the real thing. The natural wood “brings in the cozy,” making a house a home.
Sierra Oak Installation Options
If you’re ready to enjoy the timeless appeal of Sierra Oak solid hardwood flooring, let our expert team in Herndon, Virginia, and Washington, DC, assist. We’ll walk you through the installation process, design options, and discuss finishes, giving you the best flooring experience possible. Contact us today for a Sierra Oak floor that will bring your home the exceptional charm and warmth of natural hardwood!