Our goal is to provide a floor that will delight you for years to come. To help this goal, we strongly suggest you read to the care & maintenance directions below. We are here to help you with this by providing the products, knowledge and services today & for years to come. Here are some helpful hints that will help extend the life of your hardwood flooring:
- Dirt and sand will act like sandpaper scratching, dulling and denting your floors. Use floor mats at entrances in order to trap most of the dirt.
- Vacuum, sweep or use a dust mop, at least once a week to reduce the accumulation of dirt.
- If you are going to vacuum your floor, the vacuum head should be a soft bristle brush or felt to avoid scratching the surface. The wheels on your vacuum should roll soft and smooth, if they snag or lock up, you run the chance of scratching the floor.
- Using rugs in high-traffic areas and at workstations will reduce wear and tear on your floors.
- If you have large pets it’s a good idea to keep their nails trimmed to eliminate scratching. Pets also track
- in dirt, using rugs or bedding in pet areas is also advised.
- We recommend that you use protective, stick on, felt pads on the bottom of furniture legs. (Chairs, coffee table, sofa etc.) These items can be purchased at your local hardware store.
- Never use wax, water, oil soaps or any other household cleaners (Old English, Pledge etc.) on your floors. They can leave contaminants that can cause problems in the future. We recommend that you use cleaner that is made strictly for hardwood floors (such as “Bona Hardwood Floor Cleaner”)
- Just like anything you leave in direct sunlight for a long period of time it will discolor. If your residence receives large amounts of sun during the day you should close your curtains, blinds or add sheer drapes to protect against uneven discoloration.
- For all refinishing projects please note that after the final finishing coat is applied, furniture cannot be placed on the floor for at least 24 hours. No area rugs to be placed on the floors for at least 10days.
- You should always maintain a temperature between 65 – 75 degrees and a relative humidity level of 35% – 55%.
Thank you again for putting your faith in District Floor Depot. We strive to be your source for quality products & services that will delight you for years to come.