Gray is the Way: 2019 Hardwood Flooring Trends Continued
The choice of hardwood flooring for your home is something you should give careful thought and consideration to. This is because of the plush, sentimental, and charming effect it gives way to in your home!
In addition, certain benefits lead way to and influence trends like the current topic of interest- gray hardwood floors.
Before we jump into this awe-inspiring trend, we are going to look at how hardwood floors can be both benefits of investment value and benefits of cosmetic significance in your home. Next up we will explore the types of mood and aesthetics different styles of wood can inspire in the home.
Welcome to the District Floor Depot blog, where we talk about the hottest home improvement trends.
Today’s Topic: Gray is The Way.
Hardwood Floor Investment Value
When you invest in hardwood floors, you invest in your home, its value, and its longevity. Let’s go over how your investment today makes a difference in the future of your home tomorrow.
Home Sale Price: Feedback from realtors countrywide shows that hardwood floors can shoot up the final selling price of a home by as much as 2.5%.
Furthermore, based on the 2017 Remodeling Impact Survey from the National Association of Realtors, hardwood flooring that is refinished is a crucial feature that is currently attracting homebuyers across the nation.
Tax Advantages: Hardwood floors attract a lower sales tax than carpet and tile flooring.
These two added bonuses are just a few of the reasons to be obsessed with the gray hardwood floor trend. Let’s check out the cosmetic value because home-design is an art to behold.
Cosmetic Value of Hardwood Floors
Hardwood floors really have the ability to wow people when they walk in the room. And gray tones have a unique ability to shift between beachy, modern, futuristic, and clean aesthetics.
They are versatile and eye-grabbing, plus they have these added benefits:
- Upkeep: It is easy to maintain and clean. All it requires is wiping down with a soft mop or sponge or simple waxing.
- Aesthetics: It has elegance and natural beauty which is pleasing to the eye and gives a customized look.
- Lifespan: It has superior longevity compared to other flooring material types.
Listed below are 4 of the most popular gray tones currently trending:
- The Blue-Gray: This tends to give a refreshing look with slight blue undertones.
- The Dark-Gray: This is a dashing and glossy style. It incorporates more of black with gray into one.
- The Light-Gray: Here you will have cream and beige blend which gives way to a warm and sunny glow. Silvery tones tend to peak through and run across your floorboards.
- The Brown-Gray: This consists of tan and brown undertones which gives any room a toasty and cosmopolitan look.
With a gray slate, you can turn any room into a designer dream spot. Gray flooring offers a blank canvas for popular color-pops on the walls and high-end design.
Going Gray: Additional Considerations
When shopping for gray hardwood, it is a good idea to consider the plethora of options available out of the factory. If you hire a single contractor what they can do for you on-site will be limited.
The stain formula for gray hardwood is quite challenging to mix on-site, so this tends to narrow down your color tone choices compared to what comes out of the factory.
Luckily your neighborhood Hardwood Floor Discounters in Washington, DC source all of their wood from environmentally friendly factories and have plenty of options
Another factor to consider is that a lot of these hardwood gray colors are made from using natural oil finishes. Feel free to ask a lot of questions before you make those dream hardwood floor purchases.
If you do go with a natural oil finish, you need to know how to maintain that floor properly, which is simple and easy to do!
Hardwood Floors that Spark Aesthetics
It can be so challenging to decide on the type of hardwood floors you want to be installed in your home. Mainly because the hardwood market has currently witnessed an influx of several varieties of exotic wood types into mainstream building projects.
Making a selection among all the excellent choices can be a daunting task. Try to approach your pick from the perspective of a seasoned decorator. In other words- what makes a home, home to you?
Hardwood floor choices should be based on the kind of effect you want to generate and the kind of impact you want the room to have on your everyday life. Here are some popular wood choices that evoke moods and inspire eyes.
- Maple- Maple is versatile as well as resistant to dents and abrasions. It exudes class and neutrality.
- Oak- Oak is durable and stain-resistant. It gives an impression of energy and vigor.
- Mahogany- Mahogany is even stronger than oak and very elegant. The effect it gives is one of exquisite beauty.
- Brazilian Cherry (Jatoba)- Brazilian Cherry is a popular form of luxury hardwood. It imparts a cozy feeling to a room.
- Bamboo- Bamboo is actually a type of grass but is categorized as hardwood flooring because it gives off a pleasant light wood-like appearance that is open and inviting.
The unprecedented range of hardwoods, designs, and prices currently available may tend to make selection overwhelming. However, the points noted above will help better educate any prospective homebuilder, or DYI designer on more accurate projections, trends, and aesthetics.
Ready to Install?
Are you ready to install hardwood floors in your home today? Maybe you agree that gray is the way, or maybe you are thinking about exotic species and styles of wood. Either way, there are hundreds of options to chose from at District Floor Depot!
If you have any questions or a ready to get your dream home makeover started, contact District Floor Depot today!